Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Interview with Cami Checketts, author of The Sister Pact

What inspired you to write the book, The Sister Pact?
I had a nightmare about my sister being pushed down the stairs. I woke up and started writing.


Yikes! (We should mention that your sister is OK!)


On another topic, please list your other titles and their publishers – and tell us where readers can pick them up!






The Fourth of July  and The Broken Path. Both are published by the Wild Rose Press and are available at amazon.com.








What is your involvement with the Romance Writers of Utah/America?

I've been a member of URWA for the past five years. They've taught me a lot about the business and mechanics of writing and are a wonderful group of supportive ladies. This year I'm the assistant newsletter editor which is a nice easy job. Their annual conference is October 9-10. Check it out here - http://www.utahrwa.com/HOWConference.html


What are your next books about, Cami? When can we expect to see them in bookstores?

My next book is a murder mystery set in a lovely retirement center. I'm hoping to get it to the publisher this week, then it takes about 9-12 months to get the book out.



Tell us more about the Child and Family Support Center and why some of your royalties will be donated to it.

The Child and Family Support Center is an amazing group of women who provide 24-hour emergency care to abused and neglected children and teach free parenting classes. Their goal is to keep families together.

I just felt impressed to donate the money to them and then realized that Jared Keller, the officer who helped me with my book, also works with them.




Thanks, Cami!

No comments: