Friday, May 15, 2009

Describing myself in the 3rd person

(with Chevy, age 16, cocker mix; Molly, deceased, cocker/beagle cross; and Lita, age 8, border collie/Sheltie mix)



I accepted a challenge at another blog to describe myself in the third person, in 100 words or less. Here, in 99 words, is what I wrote:




Her big sister claims Janet was "born wise." She loves classics of all kinds: music, books, drama, furniture, and her husband. She has gracefully executed several memorable practical jokes, has written her own obituary, and is a wuss about her pets. Sometimes, understanding Far Side cartoons can be a challenge. Her favorite Shakespeare quote:

Sweet are the uses of adversity,


Which, like the toad, ugly and venomous,


Wears yet a precious jewel in his head;


And this our life, exempt from public haunt,


Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks,


Sermons in stones, and good in everything.




(I should post that verse above my computer!)

No comments: