Saturday, July 14, 2007

Book signing

There was a book signing last night at The Book Table in Logan. It was great to meet some Cache Valley writers I didn't know, and a lovely lady visiting from Washington. She'd come to see the operas and also participated in the book signing.

Sold 3 books. We were just in the way of all the opera-goers, who weren't in the browsing mode. The signing wasn't well advertised, and with all the tables of stuff on sale, we didn't stand out at all. But it was fun visiting with the other authors.

AND I found Mr. Wonderful. I mean, Miles is wonderful, but this is a talking doll that says everything a woman would want a man to say: "Here, honey, you take the remote. I don't care what we watch, as long as we watch it together." "Let's just snuggle tonight." "I believe we're lost. I'm going to stop and ask for directions." "Let me cook dinner tonight." He's hilarious, and I gave a few smaller ones as gifts a few years ago (they are great ice breakers for a party) but I'll give this one to my American daughter-in-law, who's been looking for one.

I gave one to my Finnish daughter-in-law the night before their wedding, and she giggled and said, "I think he's my new best friend."

2 comments:

C.J. said...

I'm so sorry about your accident. Ouch!!! I enjoyed the book signing and then wandered around looking at the art work. It was a great evening.

Tristi Pinkston said...

I also heard it was really hot there, Janet -- I hope you didn't bake!