Saturday, November 5, 2011

Things you may not know about me



In order to accept this award I have to tell you a few things about myself that you may not know. So here goes: 



·       I once convinced our youngest son that my husband and I met at Woodstock (an out-and-out-lie, but one I won’t let him forget).

·       I have no sense of direction. My GPS is priceless, unless it gets mixed up, too.

·       “Glee” has really grown on me!

·       I’m still experiencing “Lost” withdrawl, after all this time.

·       I haven’t met a bagpipe I didn’t like.

·       I don’t play the bagpipe.

·       My high school debate partner and I were state champs.

·       My college debate partner and I weren’t.

·       I’m a huge fan of 60’s folk music. Baez, Peter, Paul and Mary, Kingston Trio, Judy Collins . . .

·       I’m the youngest of three girls. What did I know about raising three rowdy boys?

·       Each of my three sons son wore a cast on his right thumb at some point in time for one reason or another.

·       My husband’s hair is going silver, hair by hair. I think it’s gorgeous. He wants to try 
     Grecian Formula— you know, the hair dye for men that’s so gradual, no one will ever notice you’ve done anything to your hair.

·       I was once presumed drowned when I was snorkeling and climbed back into the wrong boat. The captain of “my” boat was counting heads and heading toward a coronary when I realized I was on a boat full of strangers.

·       A guilty pleasure: Watching “Toddlers and Tiaras” and yelling “Bad mom!” at the TV.

·       A place I’d love to visit: The British Isles. All of them. For an extended time.

·       I absolutely love living in a college town. The students are great.

·       I’m a non-drinker who went on a cruise and innocently sipped on a mimosa, mistaking it for a blend of fruit juice with one flavor I just couldn’t identify until I felt all warm and giggly.

·       I think Skype is a marvelous invention for grandmas.

2 comments:

JoLynne Lyon said...

After knowing you for years, I learned something new. Somebody better keep you away from the cooking sherry.

Pam Williams said...

Very informative, mostly stuff I didn't know. That's hilarious about the mimosa. Remind me never to get lost with you.