Saturday, April 19, 2008
OK, so I've been tagged . . .
. . . and then someone had to tell me what that meant. I'm supposed to reveal seven facts about myself. So here are seven facts about me:
1. I've seen Charlton Heston in person. He spoke to students at Utah State University about 20 years ago and arrived late, due to a Cache Valley blizzard. When he got to the podium he said, "well, did you expect me to part the snowdrifts or something?" and that was the beginning of a fascinating presentation. He wasn't "all about me." The clips he showed were all about what the director wanted to tell in the story, and how it was staged, what the characters were about, and all the dynamics that went into various films. What a class act he was.
2. My parents met at a debate meet in Idaho. My husband and I met as members of Utah State University's Debate Team. I was the State Champion Debater (with my excellent partner) in my senior year at Skyline High School.
3. My father worked for Evan Mecham, who was later elected and then removed from office as Arizona's governor, and my mother taught Utah history to Mark Hofmann when he was in junior high.
4. Technically, I received my B.S. and M.A. in the same calendar year, in two different states.
5. When my son's friend's family adopted a new baby, he was thrilled and asked, "Can't we do that, Mom?" I quickly responded with: "You know that puppy we've been promising you guys? We'll get it." And now our cocker-mix, Chevy, is 14 years old.
6. I've watched a lot of football because #2 son played at Logan High, and husband likes to go to the USU home games. I've found it useful to take a small radio and earphones with me because I don't think I'll ever understand the game, and frankly, well, it can get rather boring. See this essay for more details: http://janetkayjensen.blogspot.com/2007/11/john-grisham-150-boise-state-55.html
7. When our literary cookbook came out (The Book Lover's Cookbook), one of my best friends told an acquaintance, "Honey, she can't cook!"
8. OK, so I thought of one more fascinating fact: I collect Native American pottery storyteller figures, Victorian Father Christmas Figures, Nutcrackers, and Russian Nesting Dolls.
And now I am tagging:
JoLynne Lyon http:://mountainlyon.blogspot.com
Kammi Rencher www.atonofauthorsandawannabe.blogspot.com
Doug Johnston www.atonofauthorsandawannabe.blogspot.com
Marcia Mickelson www.marciamickelson.blogspot.com
Emily Jensen www.kemilyj.blogspot.com
Karlene Browning www.inksplasher.blogspot.com
Cami Checketts http://momquest.blogspot.com
And here's what they're supposed to do:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.