Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Doing your homework


Yesterday my neighbor Betty bought a copy of Don't You Marry the Mormon Boys, not knowing what it was about. She called last night, just bubbling over . . . in my book I mention Martha Hughes Cannon, a truly remarkable woman in Utah's history - first senator, female physician, and also a plural wife.

It seems Betty's husband (also a physician) is a descendant, and also a descendant of a man who helped to pay for Martha's education.

Then when Betty read the graduation ceremony scene which takes place at Kingsbury Hall at the U of U, she was delighted, because she's descended from the Kingsburys! So she came over today and bought ten more copies.

I guess it pays to do your homework - - and it doesn't hurt to mention someone's ancestors! Anyway, she made my day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Janet. There's rarely anything more satisfying than that, right?